- In Hawaii, a “Home health aide” is defined as a person who has successfully completed the basic prescribed nurse aide course in the community college system; or an equivalent course, with additional training and supervision to prepare the person for this role. Home Health Aides are required to complete the CNA training of 100 training hours and 70 minimum clinical hours.
The Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) has contracted with Prometric to develop and manage its Nurse Aide Competency Examination and to manage its Nurse Aide Registry.
Select Training Schools:
1. Caregiver Training School
week program for unknown
Address: 1320 Kalai Street, Suite 288, Honolulu, HI 96817
2. Hawaii Institute of Healthcare and Training Services
week program for $1,000.00
Address: 1059 Kilauea Ave. Unit B, Hilo, HI 96721
3. Garden Isle Healthcare LLC
6 week program for $1,600.00
Address: 3-3420 Kuhio Highway, Suite 300, Linue, HI 96766
4. Maui College
12 week program for $1,000.00
Address: 310 Ka'ahumanu Avenue, Kahuliu , HI 96732
- Some of the top HHA Agencies are as follows:
1. Kaiser Home Health Agency - Oahu
Address: 2828 PA'A STREET #2048, Honolulu, HI 96819
2. St Francis Home Care Services
Address: 2226 LILIHA STREET, SUITE 505, Honolulu, HI 96817
3. Bayada Home Health Care
Address: 615 Piikoi Street, Suite 601, Honolulu, HI 96814
For more agencies please click here
- Approximately 3,920 people were employed as Home health aides in Hawaii in 2015.
Hourly Rate - Home health aides earned between $8.46/hour and $17.44/hour in 2015 (average rate was $12.70/hour)
Annual Salary - The annual salary ranged between $17,590 and $36,270 (average annual wage was $26,410)
Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Hawaii State Department of Health governs over the licenses and registrations of all health care facilities. In Hawaii, home health agencies can provide both skilled and unskilled nursing services under the direction of a physician.
All home health aides must renew their license every two years on date, or within 30 days thereafter. Application for renewal of license shall be made by the home health agency thirty days prior to the expiration date of the license.